Friday, April 9, 2010

Thoughts On Teaching...

Since I first began teaching back in 1978, (Whoa! That even stopped me in my tracks!), I had a great appreciate for those students who chose to go back to school in their later years. I met such a person at Miami University while doing my teaching assistantship. Her name was Barbara, she was 20+ years older than the rest of the students in the class (as well as me).

I think I learned more from Barbara than she did from me, specifically in regards to life lessons. I was awed by her dedication, drive and discipline.

Today I am so grateful to be an adjunct teacher in the One-Day-A-Week Saturday program at Bay Path College. Once again I am surrounded by remarkable women -- women who juggle an intense and rigorous program, as well as full-time jobs and raising children.

If you've been thinking about going back to school, do so. It is never too late. All that is holding you back is you.

"We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves." -- Galileo Galilei

Enjoy your day....Rita
http://www.ritaschiano.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment