Wednesday, October 27, 2010

About Live A Flourishing Life

Live A Flourishing Life is the result of melding my three professions -- adjunct Philosophy professor, stress management and resilience-building trainer, and writer.

In June, Bay Path College (where I teach Philosophy) tapped me to teach a Stress Management course in their One-Day-A-Week Saturday Program. Since this was the first offering of the course, I was literally writing the workbook as we went along.

However... I did not want the book to be solely a classroom text. And so I created Live A Flourishing Life for anyone to use on one's own, or together with private coaching sessions, or workshop/lecture. The book includes a progressive relaxation and mindful breathing techniques CD Relax and Flourish. (Order your copy here.)

What qualified me to write this book and offer these programs?

Since 2008, I have been working as a stress management trainer for WorkTerrain, presenting programs throughout the Commonwealth to organizations and municipalities via Dept. of Industrial Accidents grants. (To learn more about WorkTerrain's Safety Programs go to
http://www.workterrain.com/at_work/programs/safety_training/.)

And for the past five years, I have been working with Dr. Ron Breazeale as he developed the "Duct Tape Isn't Enough" resilience "Train-the-Trainer" program, initially developed for First Responders, and now being offered nationwide. (To learn more about Resilience Coaching programs go to http://www.reachinghome.com/course.html.)

Details on the Live A Flourishing Life™ workshop/lecture series and coaching sessions in future blogs postings.

Have a joyful day everyone...
Rita
www.ritaschiano.com

No comments:

Post a Comment