Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Live a Flourishing Life

I've a new book coming out next month... Live A Flourishing Life is the result of melding my three professions -- adjunct Philosophy professor, stress management and resilience-building trainer, and writer.

In June, Bay Path College (where I teach Philosophy) tapped me to teach a Stress Management course in their One-Day-A-Week Saturday Program. Since this was the first offering of the course, I was literally writing the workbook as we went along.

However... I did not want the book to be solely a classroom text. And so I created Live A Flourishing Life for anyone to use on one's own, or together with private coaching sessions, or workshop/lecture. The book includes a progressive relaxation and mindful breathing techniques CD Relax and Flourish. (Pre-publication offer....order now and save 25%!)

What qualified me to write this book and offer these programs?

Since 2008, I have been working as a stress management trainer for WorkTerrain, presenting programs throughout the Commonwealth to organizations and municipalities via Dept. of Industrial Accidents grants. (To learn more about WorkTerrain's Safety Programs go to
http://www.workterrain.com/at_work/programs/safety_training/.)

And for the past six years, I have been working with Dr. Ron Breazeale as he developed the "Duct Tape Isn't Enough" resilience training and coaching program, initially developed for First Responders, and now being offered nationwide. (To learn more about Resilience Coaching programs go to http://www.reachinghome.com/course.html.)

Details on the Live A Flourishing Life workshop/lecture series and coaching sessions in future blogs postings.

Have a joyful day everyone...
Rita
www.ritaschiano.com

No comments:

Post a Comment