Thursday, January 5, 2023

Starting the New Year

 Words to Ponder

"Excellence is an art won by training and habituation." ~ Aristotle

Strive For Excellence

Are you a perfectionist? Do you set excessively high performance standards for yourself?

Striving to be the best you can be is a noble goal. Yet, when the pursuit of perfection is accompanied by overly critical self-evaluation, the road can become a slippery slope ending in self-doubt, and even depression.

Think, instead, about shifting your perspective from perfectionism to one of excellence. Excellence is that attainable bar that resides just below perfection. A determined commitment to excellence will enable you to attain the success you desire.

"Excellence," wrote Colin Powell, "is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude," and one, I would add, that is founded in discipline, dedication, and drive.

So, don't get stuck in the muck and mire of perfectionism. Raise yourself up. In all your actions, in all your endeavors, strive for excellence.

Time Management

Time management is a big concern. Our work life and home life is filled with more and more duties and obligations and less and less time to get it all done. And while we've all heard that old saying, "Time flies when you are having fun," truth be told, time flies even when you're not having fun.

An effective time management strategy can help you stay on task, accomplish your work, reduce stress, and gain more time for yourself.

In this 60-minute LIVE program you will learn practical strategies, tools, and techniques you can put into action immediately!

Topics covered include:

  • Multi-tasking . . . It's a Myth
  • Meet Your Time Bandits
  • Obstacles to Effective Time Management
  • Managing Interruptions
  • Procrastination
  • Setting Goals, Establishing Priorities, and Planning
  • Tools You Can Use
    • The Time Journal
    • Kaizen
    • Worksheet
    • Creating the "To Do" List
  • Scheduling
  • Finding Your Timing
  • Effective Use of Time: Leaders
    • Meetings
    • Decision-making
    • Delegation

Investment: $47.00

  • Monday, 1/9/23: 3:00 p.m.
  • Monday, 1/16/23: 9:30 a.m.
  • Saturday, 1/21/23: 11:00 a.m.

Don't miss out! Register for Time Management today!

The Healing Power of Forgiveness

When I was young, I was fond of saying, "If someone hurts me, I can forgive, but I'll never forget. "And I'd speak those words with a certain air of hubris, and an implied forewarning: "Don't mess with me. Revenge is a dish best served cold."

When I was young, I had no idea what forgiveness was truly about. Truth be told, I didn't have any real clue about true forgiveness until I was in my early 50s, when I began writing the story about my father.

Until that time, I didn't understand that my issues around trust, and intimacy, and honesty had little to do with the actions of the people in my life, and everything to do with my thoughts, beliefs and judgments about them, about myself, and about me in relation to them.

In the forgiveness work I have done, which began when writing the story about my father, to the practice of forgiveness I continue to do, what I have learned, what I know, is that forgiveness has brought me inner peace, has given me a broader perspective on life, and has made me a person capable of giving and receiving genuine love.

Forgiveness is a gift that we give to ourselves. And now, in this 90-minute LIVE! online program, I will share all that I've learned with you, and offer strategies that will guide to you towards the healing power of forgiveness.

Investment: $59.95

  • Thurday, 1/19/23: 10:00 a.m.
  • Monday, 1/30/23: 7:00 p.m.
  • Wednesday, 2/1/23: 9:00 a.m.
  • Saturday, 2/18/23: 11:00 a.m.

Don't miss out! Register for The Healing Power of Forgiveness today!

    Strategic Life Coaching / Mentoring

    "Rita helped me identify areas of improvement and gave me guidance on how to develop resilience within my own life."

    Personal strategic life coaching / mentoring is customized specifically to your most important goals, interests, challenges, and needs. The goal of private sessions is to offer insight and assistance that will guide you towards actionable, positive changes that will affect all areas of your life. Throughout the process we explore the long-standing attitudes and habits that have influenced your life. Armed with this insight, you will develop a workable plan to manage the challenges that come your way.

    I incorporate the Robbins-Madanes Strategic Intervention (also known as SI) practices, which extracts the most practical and effective forms of strategic action and communication from a variety of disciplines: Ericksonian therapy, strategic family therapy, Human Needs Psychology, organizational psychology, neurolinguistics, psychology of influence, strategic studies, traditions of diplomacy and negotiation.

    Invest in Yourself TodayContact me for an initial consultation. 774-230-5670 or e-mail rita@ritaschiano.com. Sessions held in person (Sturbridge, MA), or by phone or via Zoom.

    Have a joy-filled day, everyone! . . . Rita

    No comments:

    Post a Comment