Monday, April 5, 2010

Raising $$ For Cancer Research

As many of you know, I have been involved with the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life for several years...first as a team member, later as team captain. This year I joined the Big Dog Bandits team for the Southbridge, MA Relay For Life.

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is more than just an event to me. It is personal. In the past two years cancer took the lives of my beloved brother John and my dear friend Lydia -- and during this small window of time, too, several friends and relatives began fighting their own battles with cancer.

Every year the list of people for whom I walk grows larger and larger. But I believe that one day events like Relay For Life will no longer be necessary, and that the folks who had participated over the years gather simply to remember, to memorialize the efforts of years past.

I hope you'll consider supporting my efforts by making a donation via my Personal Page At Relay or, if you are local, by joining my Relay For Life team. My publishing company, The Reed Edwards Company, will be donating $3.00 from every direct sale from now until June 18, when Relay begins.

Together, we have the power to help create a world where cancer can no longer claim another year of anyone’s life.

Have a joyful day.

Rita

www.ritaschiano.com

No comments:

Post a Comment